Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Authenticity!

Governor Palin has a Twitter account.




Do you think she does her own tweeting?




I don't think it's a big secret that a lot of politicians' online social-networking is handled by staffers.

(A recent status update posted on Senator Begich's facebook page, for instance, reads "Sen. Begich and Jacob got to do the coin toss at tonight's Alaska Wild game." Since I've never known Begich to mimic "The Jimmy" in real life, my guess is that someone else has the password.)

So, I'm inclined to think that the governor's tweets are really the work of McAllister, Stapelton, or someone else in her communication departments. (I'd be surprised if Gov. Palin is herself a proficient user of tinyurl.com, for instance.)

But what really impresses me about the Governor's twitter entries, over all, is their tone. Some, like the two involving forms of the word "grave" read like McAllister to me. Others, like the post referencing "America's energy," seem to come straight from the SarahPAC national playbook.

But, oh, the exuberance of the remainder! Two exclamation marks in the last tweet alone! 10 exclamations in 19 posts!! Is that not our Sarah?!

If not, you've got to admit it---it's pretty good. Shades of Tina Fey, practically.

No comments:

Post a Comment